South Jeffco Sports families,
Welcome to the 11th season of the South Jeffco Track program! This Parent Information Sheet is intended to answer most of your anticipated questions. It is also meant to introduce you to some key people and events, and provide you with some insight into the logistics and protocol for the upcoming season. Please take a few moments to read this in its entirety.
South Jeffco Track Director –Tamara Olivas
Season Cost-$215 (If you chose the payment plan $107.50 will be charged immediately and the remaining balance will be charged June 3rd ) (If you register after June 3rd the entire $215 will be charged immediately).
UNIFORMS: Jerseys and shorts are included in the registration.
If you did not make a payment immediately upon registration the player will be waitlisted.
You will be purchasing the uniform directly from the vendor this year (see above).
Practices start May 31 - July 21st. Practice times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30pm - 7pm location TBD
MEETS: 2022 Track Meet Schedule
- June 18th & 25th, July 9th, 16th, and State on July 23rd
C.A.R.A. Track Information
South Jeffco Track will participate in all C.A.R.A. (Colorado Association of RecreationalActivities) meets, as outlined below. C.A.R.A.organizes their meets so that participants are put into heats by gender and age. All participants receive ribbons for each heat, and participants can try different events each week, or just stick with their favorites. Other C.A.R.A. rules to be aware of include:
- Track spikes are allowed at C.A.R.A. meets.
- No starting blocks are used.
- Hurdle events begin at age 11.
- Instead of the Shot Put and Javelin events, youth track uses a Baseball throw for ages
5-8; a Softball throw for ages 9-12; a 6 lb. shot put also for ages 9-12; and an 8 lb. shot
put for over 12 years old.
- The discus begins at age 11, and all ages use a 1k “women’s” discus.
- Participants may compete in any 4 events per meet, the exception being the fifth event if
they are participating with a relay team.
No check-in is required at the meets. It is the responsibility of the participant to report to
the staging area or field event when called.
- Participants must wear official team (South Jeffco) uniforms to all meets. Participants
may be turned away if they are not wearing their team uniform. Part of this is simply
logistics…with hundreds of kids there, it’s easiest to keep them together and identify
where kids are and are not supposed to be throughout the day.
- Parents and other spectators are asked to remain in the stands and off the infield.
- Participants will be placed in heats of 8.
- Participants should check in with their team/coaches at the beginning of the meet
in order to receive instructions on where events are to be held as well as any
special instructions regarding event order, staging, etc.
- Field events begin at 8 am, and running events at 8:30 am at each meet. Events
will follow the same order each meet, but times are may vary, as each event is run
on a “ready basis” Please see the order of events sheet and listen for calls for
event made by the announcer each day.
- Participants should try to complete their field events while waiting for running
events, but should go to the staging area when their running event is called, and
then return to do their field events.
- PLEASE Remember to always bring plenty of fluids and sunscreen.
- (Note: to compete at State, a child must compete in 2 prior C.A.R.A. meets.)
- Sneakers/Running Shoes or Track Spikes
- Shorts & T-shirt
- A great attitude